March 23, 2020
To Parents. Students, Families and Friends of Jennings Community School:
On behalf of Jennings Community School staff and board, I want to reach out to all in these challenging times. I know I speak for all of Jennings staff, we miss going to school and seeing everyone.
I want to give everyone important information as we move forward.
· For the week of March 23 through the 27, Jennings Community School staff will be finalizing the plans for our students. JCS staff has been working very hard last week and will continue to this week. If anyone needs a Chromebook, charger or any other materials, let your advisor know by Tuesday, March 24. We will make every attempt to bring those items to you.
· Spring break is scheduled for the week of March 30 through April 3. Students certainly may work on projects and makeup work if they want, although it is not required.
· Beginning Monday, April 6, our official distance learning program begins. Each student will receive a schedule from their advisor. Please follow this. You will be given credit for all that you do. Even though we may not meet face to face, you can learn a lot and grow. WE ARE STILL IN SCHOOL! We must make the most of this.
· Graduation candidates are required to complete their senior projects, including the presentation and the senior paper. Kristyn, Krissy, Val and Liz will be available to help.
· We will give students and parents/guardians frequent updates.
· Students need to check your email and please contact any of us for help. That’s our job!
Finally, keep yourself healthy. Wash your hands. Keep the proper social distance. Pay attention to notices from the Minnesota Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control.
We will get through this. After speaking with son this weekend, who is a pharmacist, I have a lot of hope. We need continue to be wise!